Frolic

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Re-Purposing Vintage Hankies


Vintage hankies are everywhere - every antique mall has them, usually for about $2-$4/each.   But I hate hiding them away.  Here are a couple of things I've done with them.



A ten inch square hankie makes a makes a perfect little throw pillow.  I appliquéd it onto the backing which I used to make the pillow cover for a 12" pillow form.


You can make simple sachets with NO SEWING if you're afraid of ruining the hankies.

 Sewed lavender buds into tulle, sprinkled on a little lavender oil

Wrapped it up

Tied it with ribbon and added a button


Another No Sew way to use a hankie
This was made with a wonderful round hankie, you don't see many of those.  I filled a little fishbowl with wooden spools, topped with a styrofoam ball and some fiberfill.  Good for big quilting pins.







No comments:

Post a Comment