Frolic

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A Word You'll Never Hear Me Say (About Sewing Machines)

Very short and quick post here.

From 1960:


I like to read sewing machine reviews - of all kinds of machines, not just vintage - and it has become a game where I am waiting for the inevitable description of any given machine as a "workhorse."  I'm getting tired of this same old/same old description.  Every machine is described a "workhorse," so it doesn't even mean anything.

THIS is a workhorse


THIS is a sewing machine
I'm ready to hear some lively new words to describe sewing machines because this one's been done to death.

I assure anyone who reads this blog that I will never refer to a machine by that term.  I'll come up with other descriptive words for sturdy, heavy-duty sewing machines but that is one you will never hear me say.




No comments:

Post a Comment