Frolic

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Some Catching Up To Do!



Wow, I haven't been here in forever (I have been chained to my books).  But now I have a few weeks to catch up and putter around with my sewing machines again.

This week I answered a Craigslist ad:  "Two machines for $40".  One was a Singer 503 Rocketeer.
It is slightly more dinged up than my own 503, but once I took it apart, cleaned and oiled it, it actually runs faster and smoother and makes a nicer stitch.



Singer 503 Rocketeer rescued from a filthy garage and coaxed back into working order.  It does really beautiful stitching!






One of the little "goodies" that came along for the ride was this zigzagger that isn't like any I've ever seen before - a no name "Made in Japan" attachment for low shank.
Each cam is about the size of a quarter and has TWO stitch patterns. Compare to the Singer Automatic zigzagger and its ginormous cams!



These are the stitches it made on my Featherweight.  For a little straight stitch machine, it's not too bad.


Its much "daintier" than the big Singer attachment - better for the Featherweight

Here it is stitching on my Featherweight.  Its not something I'll probably ever actually use, but it is cool just to have it.  And it will fit in my FW case along with all 14 stitch patterns!

PS  ....
(The other machine was a Kenmore 158.13200 that isn't working at all and not something I really want to fool with. I will recycle it.)







No comments:

Post a Comment