My very first "How-To"
I don't know how helpful this will be, and I'm not great at photos, but I wanted to demonstrate how I made a sleeve for my iPad Air.
1. Two main pieces each from the main and contrasting (lining) fabric. Mine is 8.5" x 11"
2. One flap each from the main and contrasting fabric
3. One pocket each from the main and contrasting fabric. The width of the main piece plus a little more than half as long. Mine is 8.5" x 7"
4. One piece of contrasting fabric the width of the main pattern piece x 4" for pocket band
5. Fusible fleece: two main pieces + one flap piece. Cut away seam allowances before fusing to avoid bulky seams. Like this:
Pin rick-rack to front flap, 3/4" from edge and sew in place